Autumn’s here and we’re feeling all Autumnal here at EMG HQ. It may be October but that’s not going to stop us exploring the great outdoors.
Archery has been and continues to be a popular activity for a lot of our clients, so we thought we’d give you an insight into this fantastic sport. Here’s some fun facts -
- It’s one of our past times that can be dated in Europe as far back as 10,000BC and is now recognised as a professional Olympic sport. But with the likes of Hunger games, Avengers and Game of thrones hitting the screens the sport has been on a rise.
- Did you know it was the only sport woman could take part in, when they were first allowed to compete in 1904 games?
- It’s a game of accuracy that requires the skills of precision, control, focus and determination
- English literature honours the longbow for famous victories in the battles of Crecy, Agincourt and Poitiers
- Due to the introduction of gunpowder late 13th Century, the bow became a weapon of the past. Since then, archery has developed as a recreational and competitive sport
Whether you’re the next Robin Hood, Hawkeye or Katniss, may the game be forever in your favour.
“So when you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed.” - Paulo Coelho